Tuesday's Teasers 07.21.09

New Releases :






Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Here is Vanessa's teaser for this week:
"It's early, about six in the morning and I'm sleeping the thin dreamy sleep of six in the morning when Henry slams me awake and I realize he's been elsewhere. He materializes practically on top of me and I yell, and we scare the shit out of each other and then he starts laughing and rolls over... "
~p. 41 from "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger

Here is Isalys's teaser for this week:
"And now he had an investigation to complete and an heiress to court; his life was simple as that. But though he assured himself that the matter was tidy, closed, ended forever, he had the feeling that Laura Cole would not be so easily dismissed no matter how much he tried, and neither were his feelings for her."
~p. 117 from "The Confessions of a Duchess" by Nicola Cornick

2 comments:

  1. That's a cute teaser for The Time Traveler's Wife. I've got that one on the shelf...now to find the time to actually read it =)

    Happy Tuesday girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to teaser for The Time Traveler's Wife! I've never read it before, but it's beginning to look more and more interesting the more reviews I read.

    Here's my teaser for today!
    http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com/2009/07/teaser-tuesday-july-21st.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison