TGIF {1}

So I dediced to participate in today's TGIF question hosted by the lovable Ginger from GReads!


I really like this meme and have been wanting to participate for a while now but I'm a true-blue procrastinator.  Today's question, however, was one I couldn't pass up.
"What are some of your favorite book quotes?"
I love this questions because I love quotes!  Book quotes, proverbs, witticisms from famous people - you name it, I eat 'em up!

Here is a sampling of some favorites of mine:

"The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it."
~Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
 ~ Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

"It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do."
~ Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them."
~Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

"I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need."
~ Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

"One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence."
~Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

"But she never thought about the way Terrible looked, at least not that way. He hadn’t been ugly to her for months; he’d gone from just being a face she was familiar with to being a face she loved to look at, a face that made her….happy. Who gave a shit what anyone else saw when they looked at him, when they saw the crooked, many times broken nose, or the scars, or the jutting brow or thick jaw and heavy muttonchops? She knew what she saw, and that was all that mattered. Knew what was behind those hard dark eyes, and wanted it more than anything."
 ~ City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

"If you say a word, it leaps out and becomes the truth. I love you. I believe it. I believe I am loveable. How can something as fragile as a word build a whole world?"
~ Chime by Franny Billingsley

"But she had dreamed of being his for too long. He had quite ruined her for a marriage of convenience. She wanted everything from him: his mind, his body, his name and, most of all, his heart."
~ Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean

"She's under duress," Peaseblossom said.
"I don't care if she's under duress, over it, or alongside it," Moth said. "Nothing in this world supersedes cake."
~Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."
~Divergent by Veronica Roth

These are all quotes that resonated with me, mean something to me or stirred some sort of emotion in me! In my opinion, it's not just the ability to tell a good story that makes a good writer, but the ability to affect your readers!


5 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison